‘Zeka PK equalizer’ Pohang draws 1-1 with Incheon in the first game of the final round

Pohang drew 1-1 with Incheon in the Hana One Q K League 1 2023 34th round match held at the Pohang Steel Yard in Gyeongsangbuk-do on the 20th.

As a result, Pohang maintained second place with 15 wins, 14 draws, and 5 losses (59 points). The gap with leader Ulsan Hyundai (20 wins, 7 draws, 6 losses, 67 points) is 8 points.

Incheon, which succeeded in adding points in the away trip to Pohang, recorded 12 wins, 13 draws, 9 losses (49 points), and rose to 5th place, beating Daegu (12 wins, 13 draws, 8 losses, 49 points) by multiple points.

Pohang, who had been playing with a high ball possession rate in the early part of the game, was disappointed when Jae-Hee Jeong pushed the ball in with his left foot during a goal race after a corner kick in the 20th minute of the first half, and was ruled offside.

Six minutes later, they conceded the first goal. The ball kicked by Incheon goalkeeper Kim Dong-heon fell far away, but Pohang goalkeeper Hwang In-jae, who left the goal, was unable to handle it properly. In the meantime, Gerso caught the ball and kicked it into an empty goal, giving Incheon the first goal.

Afterwards, Pohang, who were unable to break through Incheon’s dense defense to protect their lead, were unable to open the opponent’s goal even though they had overwhelming ball possession in the first half, and ended the first half trailing 0-1.

Pohang, who continued their offensive in the second half, had a golden opportunity with a penalty kick in the 28th minute of the second half. Jeka was fouled by Kim Dong-min of Incheon in the penalty box, and the referee signaled a penalty kick.

Jeka also acted as a kicker, but was blocked by Incheon goalkeeper Kim Dong-heon’s save. However, the referee judged that the goalkeeper moved before Zeka’s kick and declared that the goalkeeper should kick again.

Zeka did not miss the second opportunity and succeeded, tying the score at 1-1.

Afterwards, Pohang constantly knocked on the goal to score a comeback goal, but was unable to open the goal. Hong Yun-sang’s shots in the 42nd minute and Go Young-jun’s shots in the 44th minute of the second half were all blocked by Kim Dong-heon, and the game ended with a 1-1 tie.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *